Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday - Bon Jour Paris





















The trip was long but uneventful. After getting our luggage and going through security we were met at the baggage door by Richard’s Van Service. That made the trip to our apartment very nice, Though I must say I was horrified with the driving. I am glad that I do not have to drive during this trip. Not long at the apartment before we hit the ground running. Took the closest metro to the Place de la Concorde – this was for our immediate Paris gratification. We are really here. We strolled along the Seine to the Isle de la Cite feeling very Parisian.


We joined a Paris-Walks tour of the Two Islands followed by an ice cream break. Berthillon ice cream is as good as they say. That sure hit the spot. Then grocery shopping at the monop for a few odds and ends for breakfast and late night snacks. We finally got home to unpack and settle in.

After unpacking and settling in we went out for dinner at Le Bistrot du Boursier. This is where I was first exposed to raclettes. But it was closed so we punted. L'Ami Georges was right up the street. What a fabulous substitution. Very friendly owner. Delicious meal. The owner had lived in California for a year so he helped us feel right at home.

After supper we came home and straight to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment