Saturday, January 30, 2016

Miraj - Jan 28

Our day in Miraj was full of memories.  Debbie, Rebecca and I went to morning chapel and got to hear the slow version of For the Beauty of the Earth.  With the usual pauses between each phrase.

We went back for breakfast at the guest house and then went for the tour of our old house.  It is being turned into a guest bungalow.  Fun to see but it was very shabby.


Then we toured the Rehab Facility.  It was now like a museum.  It totally is not being used.  That was painful.  They had all the old dusty photographs on the wall.





Archie Fletcher had a big plaque.

Then we went to the cemetery.  That was nice.  At the cemetery we heard people singing What a Friend we Have in Jesus.
Mohan helped us out a lot.  He was our guide.  He also was the cook at the Fletcher Guest House.

Then we went to the weaving department which my mom had helped to start.


We bought a few things. 
temple flower.  Very fragrant flower. These trees are planted in cemeteries and temple. We always called them temple flowers but I do not know the formal name.  

my pishvie (bag)

Back to the guest house in time for lunch.
we had chapattis ... the real ones.  Not naan or anything else.  Had them both lunch and dinner.  

After lunch we met up with a sitar player who took us to see sitar making and also he played some.  That was fun.  Unfortunately my camera needed to be charged so I could not take any pictures.  After the sitar playing we went to the downtown bazaar.  It was like I remembered it.  Now mostly food market. We relaxed after a delicious dinner.  All in all a good day.  It was fun to share stories.  It was nice that Rebecca could be there as well.  

And I am still not caught up.  Oh well.  





6 comments:

  1. That's plumeria also called frangipani. It grows all over Taiwan too. So glad you got to see Rebecca! Tell her hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo of the three of you underneath the picture of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The visit to the cemetery looks nice. I'm glad you were able to go there, and that Rebecca could join you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a walk down memory lane - how nice you were able to share it with everyone! Loved the family and friends group photos in front of the places named after the family!

    ReplyDelete