Today was a gorgeous day. Too bad we had to leave.
We checked out of the apartment close to 11 am. We went down to get a Lyft ride to the Hilton Hotel, where we could leave our luggage for a few hours. That was convenient. We walked to the W Hotel so that we could go to the observation deck of the Foshay Tower.
Lobby of the Hilton, continuing the cherry theme.
Another piano
Elevator door to go up to the observation deck.
This is where we were our first evening in Minneapolis.
It was very windy, but sunny. It was fun looking for the sites of things we had seen while we were here.
Up on the observation deck
"Our" neighborhood with the US Bank Stadium.
St. Paul off in the distance. The 2 spires in the center might be the capitol building and the basilica, but I would not swear to it.
The music wall
Walker Art Center is in the center. See the white circle with the red in it.
We went into the IDS Building. It had a bunch of shops. I liked this fountain but I had a terrible time getting a picture of it. The water was coming from the ceiling.
Zelo
It was lunch time. We had heard about Zelo from our city tour guide, Doug. It was very good but we all forgot to take pictures of our appetizers. We had crab cakes, roasted Brussels sprouts and salad that we all shared, though I did not have any of the crab cakes and Jeanne did not have any salad. I had the chicken risotto. It was very yummy.
After lunch we walked down the street to the First Avenue nightclub which had all of the stars. We could not get pictures of the outside of the building before.
We walked back to the hotel to get our stuff. We called a Lyft to get to the airport. We had to get Jeanne to the airport to get her shuttle from MSP to Duluth. Then she has to drive home from there. We wandered around in the airport. We did a little shopping.
Mosaic art work
We sat at Vino for a glass of wine, waiting for our flight. Jeanne beat us home.
We bought food on the plane for dinner. I watched "About Time". It was an uneventful flight.
Glenn met us at the airport and gave us a ride home.
Nice sunset from Sharon's place.
We had a fabulous trip but I am glad to be home.























Glad you made it home safe!
ReplyDelete