Sunday, June 16, 2019

Travel Day: Montreal to Quebec City

Another day where I got to watch the sun come up.





After breakfast Jeanne and I went to the IGA to get water for the drive.  Then we walked to the car rental place.  Luckily it was very close.  We got a white Toyota Corolla 2020.  We left the apartment around 10:15 am.  We got back at 11 am.  It took us a lot longer than we had expected.  They charged us for all kinds of extra things, like insurance because Jeanne did not have proof of her USA insurance.  Of course, she was never told to bring proof.  Jeanne was in charge of the car and all things pertaining to it.  We parked the car right by the apartment building.  Kris and Sharon were all ready to go.  We loaded the car up and headed out.  We were on the road by 11:15 am.  We went up the "scenic" route to Quebec City.  Though we were not impressed with how scenic it was.

We did get a small glimpse of the St Lawrence River.  I guess that was the scenic portion, mostly trees.  Our intent was to stop at Trois Rivieres for lunch.  We had picked out a restaurant, Le Sacristain. Once we entered Trois Rivieres the GPS on my phone failed.  The town is full of one way streets and construction that the GPS did not appear to know about.  It kept telling us to turn the wrong way on one way streets.  We finally found an information place and went in to ask.  The restaurant was only a few blocks away by that time.  After that experience, I must say that I have no desire to go to visit Trois Rivieres again.  We are taking a different route back to Montreal.




I had carrot soup and a ham sandwich.  The food was good.


From there we drove to Quebec City.  No problems there.

We unpacked and settled in.  Nice apartment, kwirky, lots of stairs, no view, We had a key code to get in. We had instructions for places to park.  Odeon was a close parking lot that was $14 for 24 hours.  After parking the car, Sharon, Jeanne and I walked to the close grocery store for fruit, cheese and wine.


We called to make a reservation for Nina's pizza, thinking that we would make it for 7:30 pm but their only choices were 6:30 or 9 pm.  We went with 6:30 pm.  They were pretty fast.  We ordered 3 pizzas.  They were all good.  But we did have left-overs.

What is left of our Barcelona, Margherita and 5 cheese pizzas.

Wood fired pizza oven


Street store fronts on our walk home











It looked like a nice neighborhood.  

Then we got home early and relaxed.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to Quebec City OK.
    I remember that Nathan said that even though British Columbia should have been very scenic, there wasn't actually much of it that you really could see from the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your way, I find navigating new places difficult! That carrot soup looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you made the move with your sanity intact.

    ReplyDelete