Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Travel Day All Day! PDX to YUL

George and I left the house at 10:30 am to pick up Kris first, then Sharon.  We were on our way to the airport by 11 am.  Traffic was not too bad.  George took a picture of us in front of the airport.

We got a text from Jeanne.  She was on her way to drive to Duluth to get the shuttle to Minneapolis. There was a long line at the Delta baggage drop off place, but it moved steadily and we had allowed plenty of time.  Once we checked our bags we went through security pretty quickly.  We had time for a leisurely lunch at the Country Cat.
Sharon had a Stella, Kris had a rose and I had a G'morning Sunshine (with EmergenC - a healthy drink) Sharon and Kris shared a turkey club sandwich and I had a breakfast sandwich.  Delicious. I did not take a picture of the food.  We were too busy eating.  

We meandered our way down to the gate.  The plane took off pretty much on time at 2:20 pm. There was food for purchase on the plane but we had had our lunch so we did not buy anything.  We thought that we would buy dinner on our second flight.  But we noticed that they stopped serving dinner for purchase at 8 pm and our next flight was not until 8:15 pm.  So we asked the flight attendant if we could buy some of food for purchase.  I think that she was not overly happy about this because we were getting close to the end of the flight.  There were only turkey sandwiches left.  We knew that we would not have time to buy dinner at the MSP airport.

We landed a little early at 7:25.  Jeanne was at the gate to meet our plane.  We only had to walk from C1 to C15.  They had already started boarding when we got there. This was a smaller plane.  It  was a good thing that we did not have our luggage.
Kris got a picture of the sunset out her side of the plane. We landed in Montreal.

It is a huge airport.  It almost felt like we were in Charles de Gaulle airport, winding through long hallways.  Then we arrived at customs.
Almost no one there.  

We zipped right through and then went to get our luggage.  I called the apartment manager, Steve, to let him know that we had arrived and to ask what we should do.  It was midnight by this time.  He told us to call him once we had a more accurate ETA and then he would meet us at the apartment.  Next trial was to get an Uber.  We did not know where to go to meet the Uber, but a very kind woman, who was passing by us, offered to help. She walked us all the way to the Uber stand where we met Roman.  He was quite the talker. Once we were in the car I called Steve, to tell him that we would be at the apartment in about 25 minutes.  He was waiting for us once we got to 360 Blvd Rene Levesque W.  Our apartment was on the 39th floor, #3904.  
St Lawrence river


What a fabulous view.  That is the biosphere off on the left in pink and Cirque du Soliel tents front right (cut off).

Steve showed us around the apartment and gave us our keys.  I had bought a bottle of wine in PDX airport which I put in the freezer when we got here.  When Steve left and we had started settling in the wine was chilled enough for us.  Ahh.  This is a very comfortable apartment.  
This wine was in a plastic bottle so it was lighter to carry around.  But I don't think that I would go out of my way to buy it again.

We did not stay up much longer since it was nearly 2 am by this time. Time to get up will come all too quickly.  



5 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well.
    Enjoy your food tour, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I'm glad you arrived safely.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made your connection and got to your apartment, sounds like a nice landlord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first day was packed as usual. Really enjoy the pictures and narratives.

    ReplyDelete