Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Freedom Trail and lunch

We have been very lucky with a perfect view of some gorgeous sunrises.  We have a little deck but we could not get the door open so this morning we asked for maintenance to come fix it.  They got it open for us, though 25 floors up is a little scary.



We did our usual morning routine of breakfast. I had an oatmeal packet, 1/2 banana, coffee and OJ.  We have not been rushing.  Ready to leave the apartment about 9 am.  Our apartment is right close to the Boston Commons.  The above picture was on our way to the beginning of the Freedom Trail.
start of the trail 
They had a frame set up so you could take a picture of the state house



state house
We were getting chilly and we needed the facilities so we ducked into the King's Chapel.  Very interesting place.  Full of these cubbies.  Each cubby is for a different family some had one pew some had 2 facing each other so that the parents could sit and watch the priest and their children at the same time.  


But no facilities.  They suggested any hotel.  So that is what we did.
Sharon and Kris bought gloves here.  We were all getting pretty chilly.
Old city hall which has been turned into Ruth's Chris's steakhouse.  The artist who made the statue of Ben Franklin said that half of Ben's face looked philosophical and the other half looked humorous.





We got to Feneuil Hall.  There were indoor and outdoor shops.  Sharon and I each bought a jacket.  I had not packed correctly for the weather. Boston has been much colder than Philly was. Then we continued on the Freedom Trail until we cut off for lunch at the original Regina's Pizzaria.  
This is a painted box on the sidewalk


Yummy pizza and Chianti.







1 comment:

  1. Yes, you have seen some amazing skies in your travels. I like the stand in opposition. Cute. I be interested to hear the story about the "frame". See you made good use of it. Does Sharon know you published her "framed" shot? :) I imagine there are a few photos between the four of you. Right?

    ReplyDelete