This hotel has served very full breakfasts. That has been nice. What a glorious day it was today. The weather was perfect.
Comparing photos.
We met here for the food tour.
Sarah was a fabulous guide. She moved here about 10 years ago from Michigan. I think this was the best food tour I have been on. The range and quantity of foods, the information about foods as well as information about the area. Very enjoyable.
Tiramisu in a chocolate cup
pizza - thick crust shows that it is a lunch pizza that you can get by the slice.
cheese and meat tastings
Took a break to walk through a cemetery where Keats is buried. Rome's pyramid is being restored.
a common upstairs patio
Bruschetta - So much good food. The 4 hours went by way to quickly.
We then left the area to wander around to do a little shopping and go to some familiar neighborhoods.
Joyce had not seen the Trevi fountain the other night so we came back through there so she could throw her coin in the fountain.
We needed a wine break.
Joyce is wearing down
In front of the Pantheon. We have gone full circle.
Our last dinner in Italy was fabulous. I got my good steak.
the largest mozerella ball I have ever seen. Luckily we were splitting it 4 ways.
Home to pack and get ready. Tomorrow we leave to head home.
Glad you're enjoying all the food and wine.
ReplyDeleteIf that is "taste" of the food pictures to come I can't wait to see them all. See you at the airport!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you finished off the trip with a very nice relaxing day. So glad Joyce got to see the Trevi fountain - looks really different in the day!
ReplyDeleteEager to touch bases with you all when you get back to the states.
Looks most enjoyable :)
ReplyDelete