Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday afternoon

We left the forum to find a place for lunch.  Enotecca Covour 313 was near the Forum.  It was listed as "a wine bar with an interesting menu"  I had a cous cous tomato salad and a spinach pear salad.  They were both good.  But I could not eat it all.  The wine was good too.  It was interesting because their wine were all on very high shelves around the place and to get a bottle down they had a long stick with a clamp at one end.


This is a photograph that was on the wall.
My cous cous tomato mint cheese salad.  We stopped for gelato and then walked to the Capitoline Museum.  We had some rain on the way. The main reason was to see the Capitoline wolf with Romulus and Remus.  It was very cool.

loved the wolf's expression

We then meandered our way home.  Jeanne had bought a bottle of wine at our wine tasting event, so when we got back to the hotel we chilled the wine and sat in the hotel room and enjoyed it before dinner. 
Our final good-bye dinner.  As usual, they provided a ton of food.  Course after course.  

The best was the dessert at the end.  I am glad that I paced myself so that I could enjoy the dessert.  There were strawberries under the cream.


Lots of flower shops.  

We went home and Jeanne and I went straight to our rooms.  The others stayed up and chatted with the Rick Steves tour group since it was the last night.  Our new best friends. We needed the sleep.  So we got to bed around 11pm instead of our usual 12:30am.  






1 comment:

  1. The dessert looks interesting. As far as the wine up high, maybe they don't like having their wine walk away on its own. Just guessing.

    ReplyDelete