Friday, June 9, 2017

Hola Barcelona!

pre-trip, nearly full moon

On Thursday, June 8, Glenn got us to the airport for our 1:30 pm flight (Portland time) Jeanne had a 5 pm flight (Minneapolis time).  This is Kris, me & Sharon.

what a sunrise.  I could not stop taking pictures.


We met up with Jeanne in Amsterdam.  I don't think any of us got much sleep.  Both of our flights arrived a little early, June 9th.  That was nice.  We left there 10:30 am.

We arrived into Barcelona 12:30 pm (Barcelona time).  Once we got our luggage (they made us check our bags), we caught the airobus into town.  Nice view of the city as we came in.


In front of the hotel.  We unpacked and got settled.  Then we went to do a few errands.  We had to get our Barcelona cards, so that we can get into some things for free and unlimited rides on the metro.

Plaza de Catalunya

Las Romblas

Of course we had to stop for gelato.  Pam, you would have been happy


For a little more money you could have your gelato, shaped like a rose with a macaron in the middle.  

Then grocery shopping for a few essentials, just in case.  Jeanne and I are sharing a 0.89 euro bottle of wine.  I will let you know how it is.  We were curious. It was not the only bottle of wine which was that cheap.

We then walked back to the hotel to have a little siesta before we head out for our food tour.  
We met up with someone at our Poble Sec food tour who said they had taken a picture of the full moon.  They sent it to me.  We have not seen the moon at all.


6 comments:

  1. Glad you all got there O.K.
    Barcelona looks a lot more upscale than when I was there. (Back in Franco's rule, with soldiers everywhere.) I didn't know they had Carrefour there. It's a French supermarket chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't get the rose-shaped gelato?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gelato looks wonderful, I'm hungry now :) Do update us on how the wine tasted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I can't figure out how to sign in..but this works..Joyce
    Glad you're being brave about trying new things!

    ReplyDelete