We then took a taxi to the Centrale Montemartini museum in the Testaccio district. The restaurant people called a taxi for us - one that could have 5 people. What an amazing museum. The juxtaposition of ancient sculptures and more recent power plant equipment such.
These were 2 of my favorite sculptures.
Gelato stop - Never enough gelato.
Testaccio is a more edgy part of town. A lot of graffiti
Then a wine break.
Starn twins "Big Bambu"
The iron forest
Time for pizza. The waiter told us that we should order one per person. Which we did. 5 different flavors. They ended out being pretty big. We mixed and matched - so everyone got tastes of different ones.
I ordered a mushroom, cheese, ham, olive, egg pizza. It was yummy.
We then called a taxi to take us to the jazz event. It was enjoyable but different than I had anticipated. They talked about each song ... in Italian. So that was not so interesting. But everyone who was there seemed to enjoy it.
Then taxi home 11:30pm again.
So is a buffet universal? Like Chinese fortune cookies? I would not have thought to put italian and buffet in the same sentence. Red wine maybe.
ReplyDeleteSomeone seems to have had a fondness for chopping off noses and hands.
ReplyDeleteAnd I see there's a bird roosting in the bamboo.
DeleteWow, that looks delicious but not a one person serving exactly lol!
ReplyDelete