I bought a bunch of post cards for everyone, addressed them, bought
stamps, and then found out that the stamps were for the European zone, not
north America. So, I decided to not
throw good money after bad, as the saying goes. So don't go to the post box with bated breath because
there will be nothing from me.
Today we saw the
original statue of David after seeing a replica the same size in a giant square
in front of the duomo, as I mentioned yesterday. In the museum it looks
gargantuan and in the square it is not that
impressive. It is amazing in the museum setting and I am glad we were able to see it. (In the Academia..which is the
same name as a museum in Venice. An academia is where artists studied and trained.) Jt
ps. I also had the same problem only the first batch I bought stamps for I am sure I did not buy the correct amount so they probably will not be delivered. Barbara
Too bad about the stamps.
ReplyDelete