Joyce has a nice write-up about the gondola ride. "We had a busy day but I'll focus on our
evening ride. We started at dusk and ended in the dark . I never imagined riding in a gondola. The boat held all five of us. The other Gondola
behind us held some of our Rick Steve's group. They put one couple in that were celebrating their 50th
wedding anniversary with another couple that were married five years. They had
an accordion player, a singer and the gondolier. They were right behind or next to us so we
got to enjoy the music the whole time. The singer had a beautiful voice. The
canals are very quiet and beautiful in an eerie way. There is beauty and decay
at the same time.I.didn't see any swimming rats which was a great
disappointment. It would have been a good story. The architecture
in Venice is a hodgepodge of baroque and everything else. I don't have the words . Going on the water in a gondola gives you a
whole different view. The front of the
gondola looks like a Viking boat. The
rest of it looks like a black polished Cadillac with gold carvings on it. The
gondoliers like to shout hello at each other. One if them took a
phone call..funny mix of old and new."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope Joyce gets her wish of seeing rats doing the backstroke in the canals before she leaves Venice :-)
ReplyDeleteNice description to read. I guess if you see one a photo could be posted here...
ReplyDelete