Thursday, May 16, 2013

Venice evening

After the Guggenheim (which was fabulous by the way - Sharon and Kris got a ton of photos) we went back to the hotel to regroup before our evening events.  We walked to a close wine bar, the Cantinome Gia Schiavi, for cicchetti (this is like Spanish tapas).

I chose these cicchetti.

 2 cicchetti and a glass of wine - only 4 euros!!
Then we walked to dinner.  Also a very close restaurant.  

I had the scallopini - yummy.  We shared 2 bottles of wine, a white and a red, and we shared 2 vegetable dishes.  

We then walked to Harry's Bar.  This was a fun place, Hemingway went here.  Belinis were invented here - so that is what we had to have.   

We went to get on the vaporetto.  Kris, Jeanne and I were too slow so we missed the boat, so we walked home.  Of course, Joyce and Sharon beat us home.  

You can see that there is a lot of water around.  This place floods easily.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the food and the walking.
    No bird photos, I notice.

    ReplyDelete