At 6 pm we met to go to a Pintxo Bar. We had our choice of a sparkling wine or a cider. I chose the cider.
He was very skilled at pouring from a distance.
Pintxo is like Chinese Dim Sum. Normally you would go in and choose a bunch of things which are held together with a toothpick on a piece of toast. At the end you would pay by the number of toothpicks. We were given 5 samples:
spring roll with asparagus
cod
calamari (yes, I had some)
Sarah loved it and did not mind the squid tentacles
pork sausage
and very tender ox meat.
This was all followed by a dessert of cheese and quince. Delicious.
We did not have to plan a dinner.
We walked to the Boqueria Market again. It was nice because the vendors were all trying to give their stuff away at discount prices since they would be closing soon.
I guess they do not have donuts
We walked up to the Basilica de Santa Maria del Pi to go to a Spanish Guitar concert. Xavier Coll played an amazing guitar. He did a history of different guitars through the ages. It was interesting. Only a 1 hour concert. It was hot and uncomfortable but well worth it.
How exactly does one dunk coffee?
ReplyDeleteThe food looks good. How fun to hear the guitar concert!! I get the impression from other things I've read that AC is not as common in Europe as it is here.
ReplyDelete